||MBChB BAO (NUI) LRCPI & SI, FCOG (SA), FMAS, PhD
Currently Head of Clinical Unit at Greys Hospital Pietermaritzburg, and Honorary lecturer Nelson R. Mandela School of Medicine, UKZN.
Has a special interest in Gynae Endoscopy and Uro-gynaecology, with particular interest in fistula surgery and anal incontinence.
Has a PhD in Uro-gynaecology from UKZN and is a member of SASOG, SAUGA, IUGA and WALS.
When not working and spending time with the family, enjoys marathon and ultra-marathon running.
| List of Publications
- Shabani, L.W. Moodley, M., Naidoo, T.D. Knowledge, awareness and attitude towards human papilloma virus vaccine in a resource-constrained setting: a comparison between an urban and rural population in South Africa.Southern African Journal of Gynaecological Oncology 11: 1-6.
- Naidoo, D., Moodley, J. 2018. The effect of pregnancy and delivery on anal function in black Africans and Indians. South African Journal of Science 56: 22-28. DOI:10.17159/2078-5151/2018/v56n1a2548.
- Naidoo, T.D., Moodley, J., Naidoo, S. 2018. Genital tract fistula: a case series from a tertiary centre in South Africa. International Urogynecology Journal 29: 383-389. DOI:10.1007/s00192-017-3396-2.
- Daef, G., Naidoo, T.D., Moodley, J. 2017. An Audit of the Knowledge and Practice of the Active Management of the Third Stage of Labor in a Resource Constrained Setting. Journal of Community and Public Health Nursing 3: 1-8. DOI:10.4172/2471-9846.1000200.
- Israel, P., Naidoo, T.D., Titus, M.J. 2016. A study of the attitude and knowledge of teenagers in the Pietermaritzburg area towards contraception. South African Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology22: 25-28. DOI:7196/sajog.1044.
- Builu, P.M., Naidoo, T.D. 2015. Attitudes towards and knowledge about intrauterine contraceptive devices among women in the reproductive age group in a resource-constrained setting. South African Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 21: 27-32. DOI:7196/sajog.950.
- Naidoo, T.D., Moodley, J. 2015. Obstetric perineal injury: risk factors and prevalence in a resource- constrained setting. Tropical Doctor 45: 252–254. DOI:10.1177/0049475513515214
- Ngene, N.C., Naidoo, T.D., Titus, M., Moodley, J., Craib, S., Stutterheim, J. 2014. Antepartum uterine rupture in a twin gestation presenting as an advanced extrauterine pregnancy in a patient with a previous lower segment Caesarean section. Tropical Doctor 2014; 44: 176-178. DOI:10.1177/0049475514524954.
- Ngene, C., Orie, E.F., Naidoo, T.D., Moodley, J. 2014. Colon cancer presenting as a hepatic mass in pregnancy: A case report and review of the literature. South African Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 20:60-62. DOI:10.7196/SAJOG.756
- Naidoo, T.D. 2014. Post-partum Anal Incontinence in SA: A myth or reality? Obstetrics & Gynaecology Forum 24: 24-28.
- Naidoo, T.D., Moodley, J. 2014. Postpartum anal incontinence in a resource-constrained setting: Prevalence and obstetric risk factors. South African Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 20: 12-17. DOI:10.7196/SAJOG.765
- Kalumba, V.M.S., Moodley, J., Naidoo, T.D. 2013. Is the prevalence of pre-eclampsia affected by HIV/AIDS? A retrospective case–control study. Cardiovascular Journal of Africa 24: 24-7. DOI:10.5830/CVJA-2012-078.
- Naidoo, T.D., Moodley, J., Esterhuizen, T.E. 2012. Incidence of postpartum anal incontinence among Indians and Black Africans in a resource-constrained country. International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 118:156-166. Winner – John J. Sciarra IJOG Prize Paper Award Honourable Mention 2012 – Best Clinical Research article from a low/Middle-Income Country.
- Naidoo, T.D. 2011. An approach to urinary incontinence in the
diabetic female. The South African Journal of Diabetes and
Vascular Disease 8: 58-61.
- Naidoo, T.D. 2009. An approach to constipation associated with pelvic floor dysfunction. Obstetrics & Gynaecology Forum DOI:10.4314/ogf.v19i1.43678.
- Naidoo, T.D., Paruk, N., Moodley, J. 2007. Shock associated ischaemic colitis following massive obstetric haemorrhage. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 27: 320-321. DOI:1080/01443610701241308
- Naidoo, T.D., Ramogale, M.R., Moodley, J. 2006. Conservative management of cervical ectopic pregnancy. South African Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 12: 44-45.
- Naidoo, T.D., Hoosen, A.A., Peer, A.K., Moodley, J. 2003. Late antenatal screening for group b streptococcal colonisation using vaginal interoital/rectal swabbing: implications for maternity services in South Africa. Southern African Journal of Epidemiology and Infection
- Naidoo, T.D., Moodley, J. 2002. Termination of pregnancy: do women change their decision following counseling? Southern African Journal of Epidemiology and Infection 17: 29-33.