PUBLICATIONS FOR OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY. (last 10 years)
1.C N Omile, MB ChB; S Ramphal, MB ChB, FCOG (SA); J Moodley, MB ChB, FRCOG, FCOG (SA) An audit of complications of complex operative gynaecological laparoscopy at a tertiary healthcare facility in South Africa; S Afr J Obstet Gynaecol 2020;26(3):115-120. https://doi/org/10.7196/SAJOG.2020.v26i3.2019
2. B. Nodada1, S. Budhram1,2 ;A retrospective study to assess the accuracy of the fetal transcerebellar diameter, measured in late pregnancy, to estimate the gestational age in a local cohort of women in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa- ORIGINAL O&G Forum 2019; 29
3. Makhathini BS, Dreyer G, Buchmann EJ. Gestational trophoblastic disease managed at Grey’s Tertiary Hospital: a five-year descriptive study. Southern African Journal of Gynaecological Oncology. 2019 Jun 30;11(2):17-21.
4. Makhathini BS, Makinga PN, Green-Thompson RR. Knowledge, attitudes, and perceptions of antenatal women to postpartum bilateral tubal ligation at Greys Hospital, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. African Health Sciences. 2019 Nov 6;19(3):2615-22.
1.Sanele E Mhlongo, Thinagrin D Naidoo, Bongumusa S Makhathini. Discrepancy between preoperative endometrial sampling and hysterectomy diagnosis in endometrial cancer. Southern African Journal of Gynaecological Oncology 2020: DOI.10.1080/20742835.2020.1754659
2. Shantel Naicker, Thinagrin D. Naidoo, Jagidesa Moodley. Obstetric-associated lower urinary tract injuries: A case series from a tertiary centre in a low-resource setting. Case Reports in Women’s Health 27 (2020) e00218
3. Mbali T. Makhubo, Thinagrin D. Naidoo. Healthcare worker compliance with cervical cancer screening guidelines. An audit at district and regional level of care in the Pietermaritzburg Metropolitan area of KwaZulu-Natal. S Afr J HIV Med. 2020;21(1), a1104. https://doi.org/10.4102/ sajhivmed.v21i1.1104
4 .Goldman B, Naidoo T. Formal training in cardiotocograph interpretation of healthcare practitioners improves interpretation: A prospective descriptive analytical study in a resource constrained setting. Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2020;00:1–6. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijgo.13513
5. Cyprian M. Maphanga, Thinagrin D. Naidoo. The perception and knowledge about episiotomy: A cross-sectional survey involving healthcare workers in a low- and middle-income country African Journal of Primary Health Care & Family Medicine ISSN: (Online) 2071-2936, (Print) 2071-2928
6. Mhlongo SE, Naidoo TD, Makhathini BS. Discrepancy between preoperative endometrial sampling and hysterectomy diagnosis in endometrial cancer. Southern African Journal of Gynaecological Oncology. 2020 Jan 2;12(1):13-6.
7. Sanele E Mhlongoa*, Thinagrin D Naidooa and Bongumusa S Makhathinia,b Discrepancy between preoperative endometrial sampling and hysterectomy diagnosis in endometrial cancer. Southern African Journal of Gynaecological Oncology 2020; 12(1):13–16
8. Ramakhosana S. Hlapane1, 2; Thandekile L. Khumalo1, 2; Bongumusa S. Makhathini 2,3; Jagidesa Moodley2,4
Impact of a delayed diagnosis of vulvar cancer and its association with HIV infection: A 4-year review at a tertiary hospital in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa Southern African Journal of HIV Medicine ISSN: (Online) 2078-6751,
9. A. Nqeto1*, S. Budhram1, 2, C.N. Gubu-Ntaba2 An audit of laboratory test utilization practices in a high care obstetric unit – is it appropriate and what are the cost implications? ORIGINAL RESEARCH O&G Forum 2020; 30: 35 – 38
10. Mehreen Hunter1,2; Jagidesa Moodley3,4 ;Neil Moran4,5 – Perspectives on COVID-19 vaccination for pregnant women in South Africa- African Journal of Primary Health Care & Family Medicine
ISSN: (Online) 2071-2936, (Print) 2071-2928
11. N Moran1, S Gebhardt2, A Wise3, T Hlongwane4 COVID-19 in Pregnancy: Update on the Disease and its Management – a review; O&G Forum 2020; 30: 07 –
12. Jean B. Nachega,1,2,3,4*† Nadia A. Sam-Agudu,5,6,7† Samantha Budhram,8 Taha E. Taha,3 Valerie Vannevel,9 Priya Somapillay,10 Daniel Katuashi Ishoso,11 Michel Tshiasuma Pipo,12 Christian Bongo-Pasi Nswe,12,13 John Ditekemena,11 Birhanu T. Ayele,14 Rhoderick N. Machekano,14 Onesmus W. Gachuno,15 John Kinuthia,15,16 Nancy Mwongeli,16 Musa Sekikubo,17
Philippa Musoke,18 Evans Kofi Agbeno,19 Lawal W. Umar,20 Mukanire Ntakwinja,21 Denis M. Mukwege,21 Emily R. Smith,22
Eduard J. Mills,23 John Otokoye Otshudiema,24 Placide Mbala-Kingebeni,14 Jean-Marie N. Kayembe,25
Don Jethro Mavungu Landu,12,13 Jean-Jacques Muyembe Tamfum,26 Alimuddin Zumla,27,28 Eduard J. Langenegger,29 and
Lynne M. Mofenson30 for the AFREhealth COVID-19 Research Collaboration Working Group -Effect of SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Pregnancy on Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes in Africa: An AFREhealth Call for Evidence through Multicountry
Research Collaboration- Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg., 00(0), 2020, pp. 1–5
Copyright © 2020 by The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
13. NF Moran Head of Clinical Department: Obstetrics and Gynaecology, KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health, South Africa -Strategies to reduce deaths in early pregnancy Original Research – O&G Forum 2020; 30;??-??
14. G Goldman,1 MB ChB; S Budhram,1,2 MB BCh, MMed (O&G), FCOG (SA), FCMFM (SA), MPhil (Maternal Fetal Medicine)
A retrospective cohort study comparing pregnancy outcomes and neonatal characteristics between HIV-infected and HIV-non-infected mothers;
S Afr Med J 2020;110(6):502-504. https://doi.org/10.7196/SAMJ.2020.v110i6.14357
1.Hlapane RS, Khumalo TL, Makhathini BS, Moodley J. Impact of a delayed diagnosis of vulvar cancer and its association with HIV infection: A 4-year review at a tertiary hospital in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Southern African Journal of HIV Medicine. 2021;22(1):1-6.
2. RK Hammond, Thinagrin Dhasarathun Naidoo. The Knowledge and Perceptions of Healthcare Workers Regarding OASIS. A Practice Audit from a Resource Constrained Setting. AJOG Global Reports. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.xagr.2021.100021
3.Linda Majola1, Samantha Budhram1, Vani Govender2, Megeshinee Naidoo2, Zukiswa Godlwana2, Carl Lombard3,4 and Dhayendre Moodley1* Reliability of last menstrual period recall, an early ultrasound and a Smartphone App in predicting date of delivery and classification of preterm and post‑term births – Majola et al. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth (2021) 21:493 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-021-03980-6
4.Samantha Budhram1,2 | Valerie Vannevel3,4,5 | Tanita Botha6 | Lawrence Chauke7 |Shastra Bhoora7,8 | Gaynor M. Balie7 | Natalie Odell7 | Hennie Lombaard9 |Amy Wise9 | Chrysanthi Georgiou9 | Nondumiso Ngxola10 | Emma Wynne10 |Unati Mbewu10 | Mfundo Mabenge11 | Sibusiso Phinzi12 | Nontsikelelo Gubu-Ntaba12|Gareth Goldman2 Kay Tunkyi13 | Sudhir Prithipal13 | Keshree Naidoo14 |Santhi Venkatachalam14 | Terence Moodley15 | Sean ould16 | Mzuvele Hlabisa16 |Logie Govender17 | Charlene Maistry18 | John P. Habineza18 | Priya Israel19,20 |
Serantha Foolchand21 | Nomandla V. Tsibiyane21 | Mala Panday22 |Priya Soma-Pillay3,4,23 | Sumaiya Adam3,4,23 | Felicia Molokoane3,4,5 |Matthew S. Mojela5 | Elizabeth J. van Rensburg5 | Tshililo Mashamba24 |Mushi Matjila25,26 | Sue Fawcus27 | Ayesha Osman27 | Mareli Venter27 |Gregory Petro28 | Ahminah Fakier28 | Eduard Langenegger29 | Catherine A. Cluver29,30 |Adrie Bekker31 | Liesl de Waard29 | Chantal Stewart32 | Nnabuike C. Ngene33,34 |
Ongombe Lunda33,34 | Sylvia N.Cebekhulu35 | Siva Moodley2 | Mama-AsuKoranteng-Peprah36|Emmanuel M. C. Ati16 | Salome Maswime37 | Laura M. Yates38,391Maternal – Maternal characteristics and pregnancy outcomes of
hospitalized pregnant women with SARS-CoV-2infectionin South Africa: An International Network of Obstetric
Survey Systems-based cohort study; Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2021;00:1–11. _wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/ijgo
5.S Foolchand, H Ramnarain – Prosthetic heart valve thrombosis in pregnancy: a case series on acute management –case report – Cardiovasc J Afr 2021; 32: online publication www.cvja.co.za; DOI: 10.5830/CVJA-2021-013